Miles for Meals 5k Walk
Apr, 14 Sat - 12:00 AM
Miles for Meals 5k Walk & Run
Run, jog, or walk – it’s up to you! The course starts and ends at B-52 Brewing Company. Cross the finish line, grab a beer (or root beer), and enjoy the day with food trucks, games, and more. We’re focused on providing you with an excuse to get outside (rain or shine), free beer (or lemonade), and a chance to support your community with a portion of proceeds helping to feed local, homebound seniors!
2018 Event Details
Saturday, February 17, 2018 | B-52 Brewing Company – 12470 Milroy Lane, Conroe
Check In: 8am | Race Starts: 10am
Things to Know
- Rain or shine
- Strollers and leashed-dogs allowed
- 5k, chip timed
- Course closes at 11:30am
- Age Groups
- Medals and/or prizes will be handed out to the top three male and female in each age group
- Packet Pick Up – all registered runners / walkers are encouraged to pick up their bag of goodies early!
Thursday, 2/15 | 8:30am – 2pm | Conroe’s Incredible Pizza Company – 230 S Loop 336 W, Conroe
Friday, 2/16 | 11am – 6pm | South County Community Center – 2235 Lake Robbins Dr., The Woodlands
- If you are coming with a group, please carpool!! B-52 has limited parking on site.
- There will be volunteer parking attendants throughout to help direct parking.
- We have secured parking in the parking lots of businesses that are closed on Saturdays (Service King, Kings Insurance and Commercial Ceramics). Please do not park in the shopping center of the businesses that are open.
- Once the onsite lots are full, parking will move to St. James the Apostle Episcopal Church, 1803 Highland Hollow Dr., Conroe. Two shuttle buses will provide transportation to and from B-52. Please allow 40 minutes to park there. Shuttles will operate from 8am-12pm. No dogs or strollers allowed on the buses.
- Registration will open at 8am for the 10am punctual start time. Ceremonies will begin at 9:17am. When you arrive, please go to the wristband station. Make sure you have your ID with you. The wristband will have a punch for the souvenir pint mug and two drinks. Twenty-one and under participants will receive a different colored wristband.
- There will be 3 food trucks. Space Lobos (coffee and breakfast), Cajun Asian, and Refill Station (full service pizza, gluten free & vegan)
- Although the route chosen is only lightly traveled, it will not be closed. There will be police officers holding/limiting through traffic during the race to keep everyone safe, but please be aware of your surroundings at all times. (Course map is attached).
- B52 Brewery is a big outdoorsy place with lots of tall trees and picnic tables. Seating is limited so you may want to bring some chairs.
Register now! Last year’s event sold out 3 weeks early.
Individual: $45 | Team of 4: $175 | Kids under 5 are free
Includes a t-shirt, 2 drink tickets (beer, lemonade, or root beer), and a souvenir pint glass. BONUS! Add just $10 to your registration fee to provide home-delivered meals for an elderly couple!
Registering a team? Here are a few helpful hints.
If your teammates are unrelated individuals (i.e not family), give them the team name and have them register themselves. This ensures their birthdate, waiver and emergency contact information are recorded.
Step 1. Click on “Register for team” At this point, the price of a team will be added to the cart
Step 2. Add team member information
Step 3. Sign waiver for team member
Step 4. Click “select team by name” At this point, the team price will be removed and the balance will be zero
Step 5. Complete registraton
For families, one person can register all members. Right before the checkout process, you’ll see a field “add entry”. Then click “team” and it will give you a new first page to add name, birthdate, waiver. It may appear that you are being charged a new team entry fee, but once you add the team name, that will be removed from the cart. You will have to repeat this process for each team member.
For questions or more information, contact Sarah Redfield – email@example.com or 936.756.5878.